Σχολεία και διδάξαντες εις το Ζιουπάνι και τα πέριξPart of : Μακεδονικά ; Vol.22, 1982, pages 329-338
Schools and Schoolmasters of Zioupani and the Environs
In Zioupani, a substancial community of the province of Anaselitsa, there is evidence of a few relics of school and schoolmasters, from the mid 19th century. «The old school», founded in 1742, was within the church of Ag. Achilleios, and since it was destructed in 1839, it was restored by the inhabitants who were in the majority skilled technicians.The school was restored after the initiative of the priest and school master Dimitrios N. Tzirellas (1833-1850). The following schoolmasters taught in it: Papaneophitos (1755), Papauanias (1768), Papaghiannis (1771) and a certain G. Economou (1801) who signed as High School master. Since 1884, the affairs of the school were administered in a more syste matic way by the Principal of the High School of the time, Mr Petros G. Konstandinides, who was a native of Dolos and has drawn up a four article in ternal regulation and a 22 article special regulation. In the community of Konstantsiko, situated near by Zioupani, by the end of the 19th century, there was a Greek school, in full running, and Vasilios Papaefthimiou who taught in it, published in 1807 and in 1812 in Vien na an abc book and a grammar book etc. In the villages Limbochovon, Chorivon, Mesologosti, Rokastron and Phitoki have instructed some famous schoolmasters. From a manuscript (1867) of the archibishop of the close by community of Selitsa, there is evidence, that there has always been a Greek and mutual ly instructive school. All the above information (drawn before 1940), constitutes part of the chapter «Education in the Area-The Role of the Church in it».
856:https://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/makedonika/article/view/6088, DOI: https://doi.org/10.12681/makedonika.527