Το βυζαντινό παρεκκλήσι του αγίου Βλασίου στη Μεγίστη Λαύρα του Αγίου ΌρουςPart of : Μακεδονικά ; Vol.34, 2004, pages 15-33
The Byzantine Chapel of St. Blasios, Dependency of the Monastery of Megisti Lavra, on Mount Athos
Our paper deals with the study of the architecture of the chapel of St. Blasios on Mount Athos. The church, a dependency of the Great Lavra of St. Athanasios, is a single aisleless structure, covered with a barrel vault, with a semicircular apse. It is a relatively small building (external dimensions 6,90x4,90 m.). The chapel suffered minor interventions during the renovation of 1529. The surviving frescoes predate the renovation of the church. According to E.Tsigaridas who studied its frescoes, the paintings should be attributed to the last quarter of the 14th and the first quarter of the 15th century. There is no written evidence for the foundation of the church, except of a note of 1790, written on a Chrysobull of 1314 issued by the byzantine emperor Andronikos II Paleologos. This note relates the construction of the chapel of St. Blasios to Ignatios Kalothetos, a distinguished monk of his time, originated from the island of Chios. If the time of the foundation which bears the note is accepted, then the chapel would have been erected between 1315 and 1330, period of the presence of Ignatios in the Great Lavra.
856:https://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/makedonika/article/view/6422, DOI: https://doi.org/10.12681/makedonika.867