Παρατηρήσεις σε μια βυζαντινή κτιτορική επιγραφή από την ΉπειροPart of : Δελτίον της Χριστιανικής Αρχαιολογικής Εταιρείας ; Vol.36, 1995, pages 195-200
Observations on a Byzantine Ktitoric Inscription from Epirus
The church of St Barnabas is situated at a short distance to the east of the village of Louros in the region of Preveza. Two inscription are found on the wall on either side of the south door of the church. The inscriptions have been mentioned several times by scholars but not properly published yet. The inscription to the right of the door refers to the building of the present church, in 1833. The text of the other inscription is as follows: +ZHTEIC ΜΑΘΕΙΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΕ TIC ΟΝΠΕΡ ΒΛΕΠΕΙC CEΠTON ΔΟΜΟΝ TETEYXEN ΕΞ ΑΥΤΩΝ ΒΑΘΡΩΝ ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟC: MAΓITPOC Ο MANIAKHC ΕΧΩΝ CYNEPΓON ΤΗΝ ΓΟΝΩΝ ΞΥΝΩΡΙΔΑ ΤΟΝ ΒΑΡΝΑΒΑΝ TE THC MONHC TON ΠPOCTATHN ETOYC ,ΤΧΝΖ" + The inscription is carved on a slab of white marble which measures about 1.23x0.45 m. The letters have been engraved somewhat carelessly. They have recently been coloures in black. The text has six verses, the first four of which are divided by horizontal lines. In the sixth verse there is the date: 6657 Anno Mundi, that is 1149 AD. ...